Robot job zone calibration
High end solution for getting high absolute positioning accuracy throughout all across robot job zone.
Faro, Creaform or other high-end industrial vision usage required.
Getting: 0.5…0.2 mm absolute accuracy across job zone.
Hot it works:
- After robot cell installation a special software application generates evenly distributed point cloud inside of the job zone and robot program for sequentially arrive to all these points;
- After robot arrives to every point the industrial vision measures real position of the robot;
- After this procedure is finished we get the matrix containing offsets between ideal and real coordinates inside the job zone. Let’s name it Job Zone Calibration Matrix;
- After robot program post-processing a special procedure is executed. It adjusts coordinates in the program using Job Zone Calibration Matrix and special interpolation algorithm to compensate robot absolute positioning inaccuracy.
Software part of the solution consists of two modules:
- Standalone application for robot routing and getting Job Zone Calibration Matrix;
- SprutCAM add-on which takes Job Zone Calibration Matrix as an input data and includes robot program recalculation algorithm.
End user has to perform that job zone calibration once. After that it is enough to use Job Zone Calibration Matrix for robot program adjustment to achieve accuracy. End user will have to re-calibrate robot job zone as robot cell mechanisms get worn.
Robot job zone calibration is a procedure performed by robot system integrator.
Calibration process example
Calibration results example