A new type of insert in turning tools
We try to keep track of how the cutting tool is developing and constantly update our database. Our users often help us with this task. Like Sandvik’s CoroTurn Prime turning tool range. A cutting insert with two different angles in SprutCAM is available now
New contour drawing mode
We have updated the Isoline function. Now you can accurately and easily create contours along the surface in the form of splines. When creating a contour, you can use both smart snaps and manually set the orientation of the contour.
After specifying the contour parameters, the spline will appear in the working geometry folder, and it can be used in the operation settings. For example, as a slope curve.
Converting the Corner Cleanup operation to a 5-axis operation
SprutCAM 14 has three finishing operations: Corner Cleanup, Pencil and Chamfering. One of the most advanced among these operations is the Cleanup of Corners. And in this release, we added support for a five-axis path for it, with the ability to set the orientation of the tool: through a point or a curve. And also specify the lead angle and invert the machining direction.
Our programmers are constantly working towards the verification of projected machining operations in order to reduce overall production time. And also so that you can use only one application in your work. In this release, we have improved the functionality of the interpreter, and added support for the polar transformation in turning and milling projects.
- Fixed bugs in Sketch mode
- Fixed bugs for thread milling
- Fixed bugs with spatial arcs for robots
- Fixed bugs in the EDM operation
- Fixed bug in rotary operation
- Fixed bug in Feed Control Mode for 5D Contour operation
- Fixed bugs in 5D mesh operation
- Fixed bugs in drilling cycles
- Fixed bugs for importing operations
- Fixed bugs in the Roughing waterline operation
- Fixed bugs with opening STEP format files
- Fixed bug with renaming of user operations
- Fixed errors when working with the Create Text command
- Fixed bugs in the cutting data calculator
- Installer is updated
- The Hole Sort function in the Holemach operation is set to Optimal by default.